Every year the Rotary Club of Milwaukee honors an accomplished local individual with the Rotary Person of the Year Award. It is our clubs highest honor. What sets this award apart is its unique focus on professional accomplishments, unlike other awards that recognize civic and philanthropic achievements.
Last year we celebrated Sr. Edna Lonergan, President of St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care, for her positive impact that her work has made in our community.
We now ask you, who should be our 2017 Rotary Person of the Year?
A committee of your fellow Rotarians is responsible for determining the award recipient. It’s a straight forward process in which the nominees’ attributes are scrutinized and compared. The impressive list is narrowed, and one award winner is selected.
It is important to note, the most important step in the process is not in the hands of the committee. The secret to a successful Rotary Person of the Year selection is the nomination submissions from RCM members. Those nominations insure that top quality candidates are considered by the committee, and the brief text submitted by the nominator presents information committee members will include in their review. So, please consider nominating an individual you think would be a good candidate.
The purpose of this award highlights the Second Objective of Rotary:
• to foster high ethical standards in business and the professions
• to recognize the worthiness of all useful occupations; and
• to dignify each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
As such, past Rotary Person of the Year Award recipients include individuals who:
• through their profession have made the community a better place to live and work.
• and have shown outstanding leadership in the advancement of ideas, products or services.
The Rotary Person of the Year Committee requests that nominators follow these guidelines:
• Describe why you think the individual you’re nominating meets our criteria and should receive the award.
• Nominations should be one page or less in length and must be submitted electronically as a Word document.
• Submit a one page attachment if necessary to highlight or note any special attributes beyond what you have written in your nomination.
• Send your nomination and attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Our 2017 recipient will be announced in the late spring.
• We will present the award at a June Rotary meeting.
The deadline for submitting nominations will be Monday, January 16th.