|RPY 2013 Steve Marcus|
What do Steve Marcus, Mario and Cathy Costantini, and Barry Mandel have in common? All received RCM’s highest honor, the Rotary Person of the Year Award.
Do you know of someone who made significant contributions to Milwaukee? Nominate them for the 2014 Rotary Person of the Year Award. The RPY Committee will accept nominations until Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
The purpose of this award highlights the Second Objective of Rotary:
- to foster high ethical standards in business and the professions
- to recognize the worthiness of all useful occupations; and
- to dignify each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
As such, past Rotary Person of the Year Award recipients include individuals who:
- through their profession have made the community a better place to live and work,
- and have shown outstanding leadership in the advancement of ideas, products or services.
This focus on the vocational contribution distinguishes this award from others. Please note the award honors the contributions made through an individual’s profession and work, not through civic and philanthropic efforts.
We seek nominees with significant contributions to the community through their occupations and leadership. We welcome nominations of those are less well-known as well as those who have received multiple honors previously. We also focus on those actively engaged in their profession, not retired.
How to Submit Your Nomination
The nomination process includes the following steps:
- Describe why you think the individual you’re nominating meets our criteria and should receive the award.
- Nominations should be one page or less in length and must be submitted electronically as a Word document.
- Submit a one page attachment if necessary to highlight or note any special attributes beyond what you have written in your nomination.
- Send your nomination and attachment to: email@example.com.
- Our 2014 recipient will be announced in the late spring.
- We will present the award at a June Rotary Meeting and hear and learn from the recipient.
For more information, check out the Rotary Person of the Year description online, or contact RPY committee chair Nick Wilson: (414) 475-6565, firstname.lastname@example.org.