The Rotary Club of Milwaukee is a lead participant in the Ukrainian Medical Association of North America’s (UMANA) effort to deliver urgently needed medical supplies to Ukraine for use during war in field, military, and community hospitals. Supplies have donated by medical manufacturers, hospitals and physicians.
Although we do not yet have a date for another sort and pack event in the Germantown warehouse, we wanted to update you on the current status of our work and how you can help.
- Approximately 200 pallets of medical supplies, including the 92 pallets packed on April 23 in Germantown and pallets sorted and packed in Chicago, will be air shipped by cargo plane to the Ukrainian Ministry of Health on May 7.
- The UMANA website, www.UMANA.org has been overhauled. Check it out! Details about medical supply donations and monetary donations to the Ukraine medical relief effort are detailed there and UMANA Wisconsin information will be added soon.
- Future packing events will be scheduled based on receipt of medical supply donations. The Germantown warehouse has been designated the official “receiving site” for all donations.
How you can help:
- Spread the word about the need for medical supplies. Reach out to your connections at hospitals, health systems, drug companies, etc. You may use this solicitation letter from UMANA.
- We welcome more volunteers to our mailing list for future events, especially those with medical backgrounds. Sign up for notifications below.
- Stay up-to-date on Ukrainian support efforts by visiting these Facebook groups:
UMANA Wisconsin Help Heroes of Ukraine Rotary Helps Ukraine
- Read Rotary’s Statement on the War in Ukraine
Upcoming volunteer dates will be announced shortly. To be notified of future opportunities
W204 N13125 Goldendale Road, Germantown, WI 53076. Maps might say Richfield. Use “Kapco Metal Stamping – Germantown” in Google Maps to be directed to the correct location. Patriot Transportation, our event host, is located at the far end of the same building. Detailed driving instructions will be sent out with a confirmation email before the event.